Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Super Bowl XLIII Steelers vs. Cardinals

As many of you know, I (Vincent) am a HUGE Pittsburgh Steelers fan. I have seen them play in 22 stadiums (23 now) and I am fortunate enough to have such a wonderful wife who gave me her blessing go to Tampa for the Super Bowl.
My seat in the upper level was not like shooting a game from the field, but I am certainly not complaining! Security was very strict about camera equipment, so there are no action shots here. Below is a little picture story about an amazing trip that was sooooooo worth it!



Even our pilot was a Steelers fan, seen here telling a few Cardinal fans that the Steelers would be victorious.



The beautiful West Florida sunset. Huge thanks to my good friends Matt and Christina for their wonderful hospitality all weekend!



Dozens of Steelers fans were getting their faces painted more than six hours before kickoff.



Pittsburgh fans danced and sang together outside of a Steelers camper blasting some of the teams theme songs.



As expected, tickets for the Super Bowl were very scarce and hard to come by.



More partying!



Even the pets were dressed up for the big game.



Even though they took the camper all the way from Pittsburgh, even these die hards were still trying to find some tickets.



I thought this guy was looking for six tickets until we realized he was just doing an early celebration of the Steelers 6th Super Bowl Championship.



Hines!



That's me in my seat hours before kickoff.



Those pesky photographers :) following Big Ben as he comes out for pregame warmups.



Joe Namath was in a good mood!



The Steelers are introduced to a Terrible Towel crazed introduction.



The opening kickoff.




The fans behind me taking photographs of the fireworks during Bruce Springsteen's halftime show.


That's me again celebrating as the Steelers defeated the Cardinals 27-23 after an unbelievable game and ending.



Super Bowl Champions!!!



The guy next to me couldn't believe what he just saw!



Troy Polamalu leaves the field with his family after winning his second Super Bowl championship.



Art Rooney II displays the Vince Lombardi Trophy as he exits Raymond James Stadium.


I got down by the Steelers entrance for the celebration, can you tell I was happy?



Exiting the Tampa airport, we exited to this wonderful sign.


And the best part of it all, coming home to Andrew and Nolan waiting for me!!

No comments: